Monday, November 23, 2009

Lady Gaga's product placement Opus

By Maxine Shen

Say what you will about Lady Gaga, but there's one thing you can't argue with: The girl knows how to work a visual.

It's been a very long time since I've seen a music video that is as visually striking as Lady Gaga's new clip for her song "Bad Romance." So long, that I can't even remember what the last video might have been.

I'm starting to think that the weird outfits she shows up to events in are nothing more than early promotions for her upcoming music videos. Par example, those who saw her red crown-veil outfit at the MTV VMAs in September, will see similarities in the black and white outfits she wears in this video. Also, the polar bear coat is genius.

As for the song itself, I like it. A lot. But then again, I've always been a sucker for a Lady Gaga tune...and electronic harpsichord intros and outros.

Check out the video below. While you're at it, see if you can spot all the product placements. I counted five. Which has got to be a record, right?

See The Video

No comments:

Post a Comment